Since the highly admired introduction of the PD-171 into the market in 2011, Luxman turntables have been renowned to deliver a sense of atmosphere that can only be achieved through the medium of vinyl, that every vinyl enthusiast strives to achieve. The PD-171A now has a highly rigid main chassis and heavy base ensuring stable rotation. Additional improvements to the motor, drive circuit and bearing section have also been made.
"It's easy to lose hours at a time listening to the PD-171, because it never fails to engage on an emotional level" - Hi-Fi News Review - Highly Reccomended
- Introduction of newly developed high-torque AC Motor
- Motor drive uses similar circuit structure to high power amps
- High-precision clock controlled generator circuit with 32-bit microphone embedded.
- Reflective view type LED stroboscobe useful for adjustments to speed
- Belt drive aluminium machining heavy turntable (5.0kg) utilising high inertia moment (approx 0.7t.2)
- Hanging vibration-damping structure with 15mm thick machined aluminium plate
- High-rigidity 16mm spindle with ball bearing for stable rotation
- Wear-resistant and load-bearing polyether ketone (PEEK) material used in the bearing section
- Floating mounted power transformer and AC motor
- Hybrid vibration-damping structure with wood and metal
- Large-sized insulator with height adjustment function directly secured to aluminium chassis.
- Traditional wood-paneled design
- AC inlet on rear panel for easy replacement of power cable
- Detachable high-intensity LED stylus light
- Cam support for 4mm acrylic dust cover (opens and closes via light)